Sunday, March 9, 2008

NHD Reflection


My topic for NHD was Freedom of Speech in Schools. I originally was working on a documentary, and my main free speech from the past was going to be the Gobitas papers. My main free speech from the present was going to be about Mr. Romero and the wire being taught in his class. I wanted to relate the two but Mr. Romero couldn't talk about the subject ( totally NOT free speech) because Dr. Davidson was SCARED that me going around interviewing people wouls STIR UP the situation..... WTVR..... I said that I would only interview Mr. Romero by himself, but Davidson still refused. Obvious that he was more worried about saving his butt than one of his stduents an their projects. So for a while I was lost on what I was going to do next, and the teachers didn't know what to do either. Mr. Ackerman told me to write a paper. Some of the things I learned, always work by yourself if you don't think you can pick a good partner, make sure everyone approves of your project first, get research on you topic in broad and in specific and also, start your project before the teacher tells you(maybe the year before, im starting the next years right now)!!!

1 comment:

Mr. Ackerman said...

I'm glad you learned some powerful lessons from this year's NHD. I think you have the talent to put together a great project. Let's think about it and plan for next year. As a junior you will be taking AP US History. For this class, I may just have every student write a research paper that they can enter into NHD. What are your thoughts?

PS - I hope you have a blast on Saturday at the Drexel U. Mock Trial Tournament. Represent Constitution High!