Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monday, May 09, 2008

 a. What have I learned about our group's topic? I have learned a lot about our groups topic this meeting! Before we started, I thought that we would just be having a book drive. Now I know that it's a lot much more than that! We are helping not just the kids, but the families, and the friends of the kids! I think that I am appreciating this a whole lot more than before. I honestly can honestly say that I learned nothing about myself, but I learned more about the nature of mankind! If I were in charge of this group I would:
-have different ways to make money.
-make the nonactive kids do more work.
-take in mind that my opinion is not the only opinion in the group!

My plan for Thursday's meeting is to just gain light, and progress into what we are going to do to put the next step forward in our project! Something that I found in other groups is that they are going through some of the same problem we are going through, though their group is bigger. Everyone's voice is not being heard properly & the teachers do not control the environment, so there is a lot of commotion, screaming, and yelling. I also found that the teachers in charge of many groups are not being involved. The teachers in my opinion should do more observing, to make sure the kids do their jobs with a slight discipline hand, rather than dictate their jobs. The third thing that I found about other groups is that they are much larger groups. Not a lot of children are in our group, but we still go through the same problems!

These are some of the websites that we have already used to aid our way in this project!
http://www.salvationarmyphiladelphia.org/res-she.htm
http://www.chop.edu/consumer/index.jsp

No comments: