Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SERVICE LEARNING...Monday, March 3, 2008


Monday, March 3, 2008
Service Learning- March 3-7

I have been trying to find things to do for my independent service learning hours for a long time. On the other hand for a long time people have been telling me that I am way too young to volunteer everywhere that I go... even the Philadelphia public library! For the school wide project, I suggested that we help the homeless, but I can tell that from the responses that I heard from the teacher, & students that this will not happen!

What interest me, is the fact that I could hold the power to help as many as one to over one-hundred people during this project. I would like to help families in shelters, this way I could help as many people as possible. Contacts, I already have. I have a personal contact to the Salvation Army Family Residence Shelter, this way I could talk to people about what they need and how they can be helped! I have lots of research and I know that I can make this happen with the proper support from my school!

No comments: