Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SERVICE LEARNING...May 20th


On Thursday May 15th we just had a brief meeting on what we were responsible to bring on Wednesday May 21st for our ice cream sale! We had no research to do, and our only homework was to bring in what we were assigned to bring in. I am responsible to bring in paper cups, along with Cheng Xian Zheng.This week I had no moments of frustration, indecision, doubt, or realization that have happened during your meeting, but what we did have is success. I think that our ice cream sale will be a success and a hit through out our school. If enough kids bring in $1 or a brand new/lightly used book for children they can get free ice cream! This is a very tempting offer & I think that it is our best idea yet! Other than this there were no moments of success, because we were assigned to find something else to do for the kids!

Through service learning I have learned the following about the issue of Community Giving:we are helping to make people's lives better! We are helping not just the kids, but the families, and the friends of the kids! I think that I am appreciating this a whole lot more than before.

I have had no values nor stereotypes towards giving back to the community, and I do not now. Therefore, my opinion about my community service experience has not changed! Through service learning I can honestly say that I learned nothing about myself, but more about the nature of mankind! I can see how selfish a lot of other kids are more now, but my opinion nor anything else has changed about my topic. I feel the same about it as I did in the beginning, and I have the same ambition to help others too!

No comments: